2011 m. gegužės 31 d., antradienis

Aiwasowski

I've noticed that there're few ideas of ​​leftovers and I'd like to fix them in my blog. Cause I just forget things. Writing a long text I'm a bit lazy so I'll be in short. I'll mention few things I was impressed lately. As long as you read, listen to this .

A week ago I was in Vienna. Of course it was fun. But I'm glad implemented one goal - saw a surge! More than a month ago the founder of the gallery after returning from Vienna was telling me his impressions about the wave. A couple of weeks ago, lindyhopper from Vienna, who visited me in Graz, told his own impressions of the wave. This was convenient. The wave started to pursue me so I went to see it. Amazing.

"Wave" - ​​the work of Iwan Konstantinowitsch Aiwasowski (1817 - 1900). He was painting the sea for entire his life. Imagine. The man is so impressed with the water, that the waves fullfil his life. Trying to get shadows, colors, shades, a sense of the energy. Unreal. As someone is interested in making origami as my Mom, being a laywer or repairing cars all his life, so someone designates his life for painting the sea. Wow, there're so many different ways to be.

I was not allowed to take a picture in museum. When the lady saw me standing with my telephone in photographers position, instantly expressed her anger. Whatever. Before that, when nobody saw, I've zoomed to the max and got the picture :D Wave. I've got the wave! Yey! Austrians .. Rules rules. Is it difficult to let a person to take a picture by phone (!)?! Of course, this rule doesn't distinguish Austria from any other country but still, what can I do with my low telephone quality photo later except keeping it as a memory? Sell it?! The quality of my photo is not the best, but you can have a look  here .

When I look at these pictures, I hardly can understand how a man can paint it. Every shadow, stroke is so deeply felt so that it appears as a reality. Unbelievable.

"Wave" - ​​the most famous work of Awasowski. Btw, the size of the picture is impressive - three meters in width. It's not so visible in my photo, but it's cause I was standing as far away that no one could see me :) In the past I didn't know about this artist, but for my Mom his name was very familiar. Still I don't know lots of things. Living and learning. Good feeling to learn something new. And even more if it inspires. Anyway, this kind of art is timeless and stays for centuries.

***

Next impression. On Friday we've opened a new exhibition. My last exhibition. It was fun to do set up, it was interesting to meet new artists. This exhibition seems to me the most interesting of all that we had. I've already got used to contemporary art works and now I'm more aware with with that and understand more. Here's a little presentation from the set up. Even the video! :))


***

So the last thing what I want is to write about Lithuanian presentation and to go to sleep! People asked me to represent Lithuania. How can I miss such a chance while living in Austria? Evening went well. There were around 15-20 people which was super! So here I just wanna enjoy about the idea that everyone liked. Quiz! If you ever need to present Lithuania, and don't know how, one of the options might be - making a short test! How? Elementary. Asking questions.

For example:

What is called Lithuanian gold:

A. Auksas, kurį laikome Šveicarijos banke (Gold, which we consider to be a Swiss bank)
B. Gintaras (Amber)
C. Miškai (Forests)

How do you say "I love you" Lithuanian:

A. Myliu tave (I love you)
B. Myliu lietų (I love the rain)
C. Eik iš čia (Go out of here)





What was the temperature in Lithuania today:

A. -5
B. +13
C +17

Indeed, people had no idea what was the weather that day in Lithuania. Everyone thinks that it's brutally cold and do not expect there to be warm. So this question was important enough: D By the way, the temperature that day in Lithuania was +17, but the majority chose option B - +13

P.S. Later that evening I went to the birthday party. Spanish people asked me for this quiz :D It was fun :)

Good night!

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą