2012 m. kovo 18 d., sekmadienis

Anna Frank

"To build a future, you have to know the past." (Otto Frank)

<- (Anna Frank)
















When was the last time when you've been thinking about the World War II? Or about the future generations?

Yesterday - an answer for me. And for the rest few thousand I guess - that's a queue to museum. I'm sure there had to be few thousands of visitors in museum yesterday.

Yesterday was a memorable day - I did go to Anna Frank museum. I'ver never ever thought it would happen one day. Going to the house of Anna Frank? Wow. If someone would have told me about it when I was 15-16 years old and reading the diary of Anna Frank, I could hardly believe that.

It's funny though: when we're small, we can imagine dragons and fairies but when we start growing up, we can hardly imagine us climbing to Everest or going to New Zealand? :) Funny, huh? What does happen with us? Or - how deeply we're brainwashed?

Anyway, I didn't imagine I could go to Anna Frank house one day. But I did. Yesterday. This experience was touching.
She's been living here. Top floor - the windows of Anna Frank family. But they didn't use them. In the daytime it was covered with a black material that no one could suspect someone living there. And just in the night they could go outside to feel the real wind and to breath. People lived like that...







When I did come in through that portable bookshelf - the only entrance to the living area, - felt entering into unique feeling of mine. All these rooms and daily life they had. Gosh. It made me thinking about the way we live and habits we have and remember/understand again - we differ so little from each other. It can be hundreds of years but people desire the same.

How old are you now? Some of you are 20-25, some - 25-30 and you 50-60? Do you think there's a big difference between your dreams and people at this age in 1900? Or let's say 1857?

love
family
happiness
friends
sun
money
power
peace

That's what we desire. Yes, we're more digital now and yes, maybe we dream about a new computer (that would be me I guess ;) ) but desire the same. We're so united and we're so the same. All the generations. Humanity is never changing and never will. Just has a different shape. The task of everyone of us is to create our generation valuable for the future generations. To help creating a good willing society we have to understand the words of Otto Frank - father of Anna Frank, who came back home alone after the World War II, the only one survived from 4 member family.

"To build a future, you have to know the past." (Otto Frank)

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą