2012 m. kovo 15 d., ketvirtadienis

Almost a Month

Hey! So how are you doing? Is everything ok? How is life going? Do you feel Spring?! I do! As most of the people I guess. At least got such an impression. If you don't yet, just breath and wait. It's gonna come. When you're ready ;)

This week I'm already counting the fourth week of being in Amsterdam. Tomorrow is gonna be already a month while I'm here. It's strange cause lately I used to say "three weeks" when people asked about the length of my time here,  but now I'm gonna have to say "a month". Wow, time is really running.











By the way, I could already draw some kind of an answer box which would look like that:

Indre
Lithuania
Studying
Three weeks
Planning to stay
Why Amsterdam?! It's been always a dream.

So, as you've already guessed, the questions where:

- Hi, what's your name? I-n-d-r-e? Did I spell it correct?
- Where are you from once again? Riga???
- Oh, it's far away. And what are you doing?
- And how long you've been here?
- When are you leaving?
- Oh, and why did you choose Amsterdam?

But this week I went to the movie theater "De Niewe Anita", and there one guy asked me:

- Are you happy about last five years of your life?What did you do?


I did like those questions. By the way, we did watch this strange movie with Jack Nicholson. I was invited so didn't really care about what I'm gonna watch :) Did enjoy it and had an interesting feeling after the movie but wouldn't invite my friends for watching it :) By the way, this cinema is kind a alternative - home atmosphere, everyone knows each other and you have to ring a bell to enter! :D

So, what did happen in the last time. Well, things are going not super fast tempo as it could be expected when you're in the new country but I'm feeling as moving and getting further and further every day. I like that!

- As you've seen already, I've got into TEDxAmsterdam team! Gosh, looking forward to start! And there's a meeting of all the bloggers and writers in two weeks! Already scheduled!

- Did apply to University of Amsterdam for the program of Communication Science. It appeared that didn't have some documents which had to ask to my university. They did send me tons of scanned documents!.. If I'm not accepted to the programme (which is very possible!) hope I'm gonna be allowed to do a pre-Master course at least. Well, we'll see. And in the coming time I'm gonna apply to the other two programmes as well.

- In the beginning of this week I've got great news! But can't tell you now. Don't want to say it loud while it's not completed and didn't happen yet. Gonna tell you in a bit more than a month!

- Did find a funny place. It's close (!) - almost my name :D
















- Already had my first presents from Lithuania! Gosh that felt so surprising and fun! Few days ago a friend of mine did visit Amsterdam and brought me condensed milk and classic lithuanian biscuits "Gaidelis"!!! Looking forward to make "Tinginys"!!! It seems the last time I did it was in Austria. Yep, Karolin ;) Missed some small piece of "Tinginys"?! :)

- I do meet more and more people! I go to lindy social dancing every week and already met nice people from Spain, United Stated, France or Netherlands. Don't meet many lithuanians so far. By the way, at the moment while I'm writing this blog post there's a meeting of lithuanians in one of the bars in the center I think. Well, not sure cause read somewhere on internet or facebook about some weekly meetings but somehow every week it doesn't work to go. Maybe next week :)

What else. The spring is coming. Here's a proof.


                                                                  and here.
This photo was taken the last Sunday. It was soooo sunny! Woke up in the morning, saw the sun rays and instantly new that my day gonna be outside! Which was. It was super relaxing!

It's so nice to sit on a huge lawn surrounded by many relaxed people, watch the sky, talk to a friend and just to enjoy.



And today had a fairy to the North of Amsterdam. Sailing in the sea, smelling the air, feeling the wind catching my hair. I love it.

Found the Port to be my favourite place of Amsterdam so far. Watching all these huge ships, just diving with my eyes into this wide hyphnotising area, watching the water and breathing deeply to my loungs. It's such a relief.




What else. Hm.. well, I'm fine and live. My bike is fine as well. Not stolen yet. Which is possible actually. Already knowing the city better and already advanced using Google maps on my phone. Actually not getting lost in some parts of the city anymore. Thinking about Lithuania sometimes, following the news on Facebook. And looking forward for every day of mine.

So saying goodnight for now and
see you!
or visit me!

best,
Indre

2 komentarai: