Oh, and the next question: have you ever made food for 14 people? Skip these memories about big family meetings when your Mom makes lots of food and you're just helping. Ok, maybe you do cook instead of your Mom. Don't know. Me not. Never did :) Which I shouldn't even mention loud maybe but at least I'm honest.
BUT. Things change! Now I cook! A lot. It's so cool! And already made lots of things and have my favourite recipes. By the way, last weekend made a carrot pie for the birthday of one girl and some cookies.
But coming back to the topic - balcony. So. Last weekend was a bit frustrated cause none of 10! people could join my trip to go somewhere out of Graz to the direction - nature. So this Sunday took them all to my flat! :D Not joking :D
A week ago made a promise for a few people to make pink lithuanian summer soup someday. What PINK soup? That cold summer soup called "Šaltibarčiai". Someday turned out to come really soon - last Sunday.
So was preparing for it, but my flatmate made an idea: "Let's invite more people!". I've also thought about it but was not so very enthusiastic cause then it begins: if you invite one friend, then you think it would be good to invite other one. And then if you invited these people, you'd like to invite others.. And so the number of 3 guests turns into 14 people :D Just by accident :)
So then you buy:
- 10 half litter packages of buttermilch
- 6 huge cucumbers
- 16 eggs
- 3 kilos of potatoes
- 3 huge bunches of onions
- 3 huge jars of red beets
Big shopping bag, huh? But worth it! Cause then it's woohoo! :D Really. It's rare when I invite so many people but I the inspiration of my flatmate was worth it! So we made it. Bought lots of things, got up early on Sunday, turned on Jamiroquai and started cooking at 10 am. We were done in 2 hours!
Preparation in progress. Still the plates and food missing on the table but you can find Karolin on it and some nice things to keep your hands busy till waiting for the food:
- kalimba for playing
- soap bubbles
- special cotton for writing your wishes on
- kaleidoscope that I got as a present for my birthday from lithuanian friend (via mail!)
(picture: my flatmate)
The first guest came exactly at 13 pm. as it was planned! And then more and more started to come. Around 14 pm. it already looked like this.
We even made a poster! :D Kind a. Now there're some people in Austria who can even pronounce and remember the word "š a l t i b a r š č i a i". Not even to say "l a b a s". Btw, I've also distributed some recipes of the pink soup. By request!
and this is my apron with the quote:
"I DON'T DO HOUSEWORK ON DAYS THAT END IN "Y" :D
Totally not true. But fun to say that :)
Pink! Everything was pink that day. Even guests brought a cake with pink layer on the top! :)) And my flatmate used a pink ribbon for hair. Not mentioning that we've also used pink lipstick :))
Oh it was fun! Sehr gut! Was lazy to plan, to cook food and after this Sunday was already imagining my wallet to be empty, but it didn't happen! It was quite cheap to prepare everything and it didn't take much time. In result: it was worth it!
- you create small event for yourself
- meet all nice people you like in one place
- plan to meet on coming Thursday
- prepared to go to Opera in the evening in perfect mood
Yep, went to Opera on Sunday evening. Dance piece "Jump start". Really good. Felt speechless after it. Would recommend to see it if you'd live here. Really. Really amazing. Wanted to dance by myself. And still do. Waiting for my dancing this Wednesday. Feelin' like I've been woken up.
Ironic to say - dying how I want to sleep at the moment. So going.
Gute nacht

Komentarų nėra:
Rašyti komentarą