2012 m. vasario 21 d., antradienis

Amsterdam

Hey! How is it going? Inter - multi - nationally for me :D F I N A L L Y I'm in Amsterdam! Gosh it took a long time! Hope that was worth..



Hello dear Spring! I love you winter and you know it and miss you! Could have stayed in Lithuania longer just because of you..

But the sow did already melt in Holland. It's so funny when people think that this kind of weather is still a winter :D Well.. coming from -16 temperature to +6 makes difference. For me. Happy didn't take my winter coat and took my sneakers! Woohoo! But today did really suprise when saw these flowers! Gosh, it's so early!

Today had a loooong ride with a bike and a walk in the park. Don't know if I've ever seen so many ducks in the city park ever! Hundreds!

And about riding a bike in Amsterdam. Oh jeez! That traffic! Wow... I'm afraid! It's super organized but crazy! For such a beginner as me! Oh my.. Today a guy did shout at me. But that was my fault. Ups...! But still. My heart did still shake riding for the next hundreds of meters. Feelin' as a little girl who should be protected.


What else to tell. Oh oh, the waffles! I do Love caramel waffles you can find in supermarkets in Lithuania! Here's a photo of them:

They're extremely expensive and here super cheap - cost just 0,69 cents! Oh my! Did already eat three packages! :D
Gonna have to keep myself cause it's dangerous - favourite things can become ordinary.














And now about the waffles in the Red Light District!.... A few days ago saw Amsterdam in a totally different light that I've imagined. In the red light. Oh yep. Last Saturday was eatin' hot waffles in the Red light district (by accident!) cause that was the only, believe me, really the only place where you could get something not fast food or beer. But about that later.

At first, as you know already, last Saturday I did go to an open days at University Amsterdam. By the way, found out that my possibilities to be accepted are quiet low... really. My background of a bachelor could be a problem.. Don't have a strong belief if I would be taken but just gonna try. If not. Gonna think something else. But wanna study for sure so maybe there comes some options. Should come. So. Coming back from university did go through the Red Light district by accident. It's in the center so it's hard to miss actually. But just imagine. It's a casual Saturday, daytime, you're walking, turning your head to the right and there's almost naked girl in the window. Wow. I did almost close my eyes :) Ha ha, seems I'm way too conservative to such a face of the city. But I'm for the arts here...

So the same day in the evening my plan was to meet Lindy Hop community and to join for Blues dancing. Was fun! Did come back home around 4 am. :) But before the dance did want to have something sweet. Well, something nice. You know, sometimes comes that feeling for something cosy, sweet and nice. That's what I wanted. Wanted to find something like chocolate. And so we did look for that. Walking in the center for more than half an hour. Did go for a beer and continued :D Ok, it was not a "must" or somethin', we had a plenty of time before the dance so did walk around in the center. And so found it finally. By accident. In the Red Light District :D Hot waffles with ice-cream, banana, etc. or chocolate of course. Under a name "Red Light Waffles"! :D Did laugh a lot. By the way, it was delicious!

But oh my.. What an awward situation. Eating waffles with chocolate and looking at the windows around with flashes and almost naked girls dancing. Watching how men are buying and then they enter and close the curtains. Jeez.. Hope to meet the other face of Amsterdam soon! ;)

Hm.. What else. Did watch "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"! And loved it! Do recommend!


So. It's not even a week while I'm here in Amsterdam so there's not much to tell but gonna keep you updated! Don't know how it's gonna go but hope everything's gonna be just fine. Wish me luck!

Best,
Indre

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą